GRIP is located in a picturesque setting in the beautiful Ozarks mountain region in Southwest Missouri. It is located approximately one hour southwest of Springfield, Missouri.
What is GRIP?
- Is a fully licensed private therapeutic residential treatment center
- Is not-for-profit (501(c)3 status)
- Is located on 50 acres in Verona, Missouri
- Is a working ranch
- Is a ten (10) bed facility
- Serves male children between the ages of 12 and 18 who have been abused or neglected by caregivers in their lives or have made poor choices in their own lives that have gotten them into trouble
- Has an on-site school that is accredited with the Verona R7 school district
What is the average length of stay at GRIP?
- GRIP requires a six-month commitment to the program, although shorter stays can be arranged with the Program Director’s approval.
- The average stay is 10.5 months.
What types of problems does GRIP deal with?
- Grip deals with the following, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Conduct Disorder
- Impulse/Anger Control
- School Failure
- Substance Abuse
What types of visitation are allowed?
GRIP understands that many children must keep the bond between themselves and their parents or caretakers. Children tend to do better when they have a positive relationship with an adult in their life. Visitations are set up through the Program Director and are based on the needs of the child. Visitations increase as the child progresses through the program. GRIP allows mail visitation, phone visitation, on-campus face-to-face visitation, and off-campus face-to-face visitation.